- Chicago Fire Road Trip: Availability is filling quickly for the 2014 Chicago Fire Road Trip on August 2nd. Cost for tickets is $20 for AYSO Region 1103 Players or Volunteers, and $40 for Guests (Face Value $50). Seats are between 8 and 20 rows up, and between penalty and Midfield. Players will have the opportunity to watch warmups along the side of the field, as well as be player escorts during introductions and pre game, and get a picture on the field after the game is over. Click here for more information.
- Fall Registration: Fall registration is ongoing. Even though the early registration deadline is past, you may still register for the upcoming fall and spring seasons. You will be charged a $20 late fee, and should review the Late Registration Policy for additional information. Your uniform may not be available on the first day of the season, so you may need to provide an appropriately colored shirt to use in the interim.
- Fall Tuma Program: We are currently actively recruiting U12 and U14 players to participate in the Fall Tuma Competitive Soccer Program. Games are played on Saturday Evenings at 5:30 PM each week, and are free to participate for all Registered AYSO Region 1103 players. Contact email@example.com@ayso1103.org for more information or to add your name to the contact list and roster. Visit the following link for more information on the program
- Intermediate Coach Clinic: We will be hosting an Intermediate Coach Clinic in Amana this season on August 9th from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, and August 10th from Noon - 5:00 PM or when finished. This is a two day coaching course and is required for all U14 level coaches, and strongly recommended for all U12 level coaches. Brian Mohling will be coming down from Cedar Rapids to teach the course, and has multiple decades of soccer coaching experience. The course is open to ALL registered volunteers, and all Youth Volunteers age U12 and over. All registrants must be currently registered volunteers, and have completed Safe Haven and U12 certification. There is a classroom session and a field session for this class. We are still in need of additional U12 and over players to fulfill the field session from 1:00 - 4:00 each day. Players participating will get the equivalent of a free weekend soccer clinic. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to sign up to participate in the class or in the player field session.
- Mandatory Coaches Meeting: Their will be a mandatory coaches meeting for all participating team volunteers (Coaches, Asst Coaches, or Team Parents) on Saturday, Aug 23rd from Noon - 1:00 at Lakeside Elementary School in Amana, Iowa. Teams will receive official rosters, manuals, equipment bags, uniforms, and finalized schedules at this time. Each team is required to have at least one registered volunteer to attend the event, or contact email@example.com to request a one on one meeting time.
- Coaches Clinics: The dates for the Fall Coaches Clinics are set. The U06 and U08 certification classes will be from 9:00 - Noon on Saturday, Aug 23rd. The U10 and U12 certification classes will be from 1:00 - 5:00 on the same day. You must be a registered volunteer and have completed AYSO Online Safe Haven Certification prior to attending the class. Contact the Coach Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to reserve a spot. If you cannot attend an Amana Clinic, additional classes are available in Cedar Rapids
- Referee Clinic: The dates for the Fall Referee Clinic is set. The clinic will be held at Lakeside Elementary School in Middle Amana on Sunday, Aug 24th from Noon - 5:00 PM. All participants must be currently registered volunteers, and have completed online Safe Haven and the Online Referee Companion Course prior to attending. Contact the Referee Administrator at email@example.com for more information.
- Next Regional Board Meeting: Monday, August 4th at 6:30 PM at Marengo Public Library.
- Fall Season Starts Soon: Coaches should receive rosters by Mid August and begin contacting players. The schedule and uniforms will be distributed at the Coaches Meeting on Aug 23rd. The First day to practice is Sunday, August 24th. Games will be held on Saturdays starting September 6th.